Your privacy and identity security are very important to us.
EyeWearThese.com take every care to ensure the security and privacy of any information you have provided. When you place an order we use the highest level Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption so any information is fully encrypted before it is sent to us. This protects it from unauthorised use.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1.1 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.eyewearthese.com/ (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information [when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by EyeWearThese.com, and] when you report a problem with our site.
1.2 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
1.3 We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
1.4 Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
1.5 Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
2. IP ADDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
4. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
4.1 Data collected by web servers and cookies
The web servers that serve the Site collect the IP address of users who visit the Site, their Site navigation information (page requested, time of request, browser type and server response) as well as the user name if the user has registered to any restricted areas of the site.
This information is regularly aggregated and de-identified so that the number of visits to the Site and its pages, the average time spent on the Site and the pages viewed, etc., can be measured and analysed to improve our product offerings and marketing approach and to improve the Site’s content and functionality. This information will not be used to create individual visitors’ profiles. We will not track the individual navigation of visitors, except in the very limited cases where a visitor faces navigation problems which require a technical intervention to correct the problem or to detect potential intrusions.
4.2 Data collecting on sending an email to the owner
You may want to send an email to us through the Site, for instance via the ‘Contact’ pages. By doing so, you will provide us with basic information about yourself, such as your email address, telephone numbers, your name, your query and could include certain medical information.
We will not use the information you provide when sending us emails for purposes other than responding to your message, handling your query or your Order, analysing your feedback and/or suggestions and for improving the Site.
Except if provided to others, as set out below, the supplied data will be kept on the Site’s secured servers and computer systems, protected from outside intrusions.
4.3 Data collected through submission of order form
In addition to a copy of your prescription from a registered medical practitioner or registered ophthalmic optician, or details thereof as applicable you are required to provide the personal information set out in the Order Form.
This information, as well as your password, is processed by us for the purpose of processing your Order Form, delivery Goods to you and otherwise performing our obligations to you in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. If you do not wish to register, but would still like product or service information, all you need to do is to call the telephone number provided on the ‘Contact’ page or send us an email.
If you specify on the “Cardholder Details” page that you are interested in receiving news from EyeWearThese.com, your personal data will be used and transferred for direct marketing purposes. Except as expressly stated in this Privacy and Cookies Policy and in our Terms and Conditions we will not send you email messages or junk mail, and your details will not be passed to ANY organisation beyond EyeWearThese.com without your explicit permission.
5. TRANSFER OF THE DATA COLLECTED VIA THE SITE TO THIRD PARTIES
Data collected by web servers and cookies are not transferred to any third parties.
Data collected on sending an email may be provided, to the extent necessary to handle your Order, to our offices or laboratories (including those of our affiliates, agents or representatives) as well as vendors whose assistance is needed to handle your query.
Data collected through the Site may also be transferred to others from time to time in the following cases as needed to perform the data processing purposes described in this Policy:
- at your request, on your order or subject to your prior agreement, to recipients specified by you;
- to authorised third parties in compliance with our statutory or regulatory obligations;
- to recipients who are operators acting on our behalf in their capacity as agent, authorised proxy, sub-contractor, service provider or in any other capacity, including suppliers in charge of hosting or maintaining the site;
- to our laboratories;
- EyeWearThese.com is part of Vision Opticians. By accepting these terms and conditions, you (i) allow us to share your Data strictly with companies within the Vision Opticians and (ii) give your express, specific and informed consent to receive communications of promotional materials concerning optical products and glasses from these companies. Your data will not be shared with any third party company. Each emails sent to you by EyeWearThese and / or other companies within our group will include an ‘unsubscribe’ link. You can access to and correct your information. You can also, for legitimate reasons, object to the processing of your information. To exercise your rights, you can send a mail to email@example.com;
- in case of a change of control or acquisition or the whole or part of the assets or business of Vision Opticians, the data collected through this site will be transferred to the acquiring entity.
6. TRANSFERRING YOUR DATA OUTSIDE EUROPE
Currently we do not transfer your data outside Europe.
7. SUBJECT ACCESS RIGHTS
At law you have the following rights
- a subject access right which enables you to be told whether we hold any personal data about you and to obtain a copy of that information;
- a right to get personal data relating to you rectified, completed, updated, blocked or erased when incomplete, unclear, obsolete or processed unlawfully;
- a right to object to the processing of data relating to you on legitimate grounds and a right to object free of charge to the use of data for solicitation purposes.
We will comply with such rights as provided under applicable law. If you wish to exercise your subject access right, please contact us in writing at the address set out on the Site with sufficient information to identify yourself and the information you require. We will respond to your request within 40 days. We reserve the right to charge €10 for complying with a subject access request.
8. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Except if provided to others in the circumstances set out in this Policy, the data supplied by you will be kept on the Site’s secured servers and computer systems, protected from outside intrusions.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy from time to time and reserve the right to do so. Any changes to the Policy will appear on this page, which you should check from time to time. By continuing to use the site you are deemed to accept changes to this Policy.
10. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about any aspect of this Policy or want to discuss how we handle your data or you can contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), post or telephone.